PDA

View Full Version : BBB Method for new Softub (spa) Owner

hou30
08-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone - Tons of great information on this site, and I finally just registered in hopes of getting the water chemistry in my (new to me) spa.

I've read some previous posts from other users, specifically a "tphaggerty" who was using BBB in a softub and I was hoping to get some advice on how to start and to see how other's long term experience has been. I've purchased a Taylor K2006 kit which should allow me to get some accurate measurements prior to adding any chemicals.

Has anyone successfully used the BBB method in a small volume spa/hot-tub rather than a pool?
Is there a BBB for dummies with step by step instructions somewhere on this forum (as I can not search as of yet)?

Thanks for your help in advance!

aylad
08-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum!!

The user tphaggerty hasn't logged in since 2009, so you're not going to find anything recent that he/she posted. However, you can use the google search link in my sig to search through the forum and archives for further information now--you'll just have to log out to be able to search and read the results. After Ben upgrades your registration, the logging out won't be necessary.

I can't answer your questions about the spa/hot tub, but hopefully someone will be by shortly who can.

Again, welcome!

hou30
08-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi Janet - Thanks for the welcome!

Too bad about tphaggerty - appreciate the heads up! I will use your sig to search through the forums. Hopefully someone will have some additional info!

David

waterbear
08-21-2012, 12:36 AM
If you want to find out about a modified BBB that works for hot tubs head over to PoolSpaFourm.com. I am one of the mods over there and we have a lot of info. Check out the hot tub water chemistry section for the 'dichlor/bleach' method. It is basically BBB for hot tubs.

PoolDoc
08-21-2012, 10:15 AM
We're not likely to focus on standalone spas any time soon, so Waterbear's advice is good. Here's a live link: www.poolspaforum.com

One caution: you can trust Waterbear while there, but membership at poolspaforum is FAR more open than here. I think they may have reduced the high percentage of spam posts they had, but still much of the advice comes from pool guys trying to promote their product.

So, be cautious whose advice you accept while there. And, if you get a pool, you're certainly welcome to come back here.

waterbear
08-21-2012, 11:45 AM
As far as water chemistry goes we have a lot of knowledgeable users who are actively using the method so there is a lot of good advice to be had. If there is any bad advice the mods and many of the experienced jump right in to do 'damage control'. We have not had any major problem with spammers over there for over a year since they changed the software and put in more controls so we can eliminate spam posts very quickly if they do occur.