PDA

View Full Version : Brand new!

tlindsey18
08-14-2012, 10:23 PM
i just posting my first post to get started!

Actually all has gone well with the new AG pool with the exception of stabilizing the chlorine...I have added 3lbs to my 18' pool over the past 8 days (two different times) I have also added close to 4 gallons of chlorine, in which the FC reading keeps going to 0. Two days ago I added the 3rd pound of stabilizer with another 1/2 gallon of chlorine (I'm using liquid bleach). I will test again tomorrow. Our temps have been around mid 90 to upper 90s. My other numbers are holding pretty well at Ph 7.4, Alk 160.

I hope I have given enough info!!

PoolDoc
08-15-2012, 01:47 PM
+ It's much easier to answer your questions, when we have the details about your pool in one place. We often 'waste' the first few posts back and forth collecting information. So, please complete our new Pool Chart form -- it takes about 30 seconds, but will save much more than that.
Pool Chart Entry Form (http://goo.gl/cNPUO)

jwhouse
08-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Also, in addition to filling out the pool chart entry, get a drop based testing kit, such as the Taylor K2006 (a link regarding the test kits can be found in PoolDoc's signature above) and post a full set of test results including CYA. This will also help the wonderfully helpful people here assist you in getting your pool "right".