PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Water

Eastwood70
07-28-2012, 03:45 PM
I has algae when I opened pool. Got rid of it and used clarifier. Water clear and I could see bottom. Tried to vacuum to waste I stirred up a lot of debris, been cloudy ever since. I am new to the 6 way test I bought @ Walmart (HTH). The following is what I am showing:

Cl/ Br- dark yellow (5-10)
PH - 7.2-7.3
Alk - 120
CH Hard - 500
CYA - 50

I did use a lot of clarifier tryin to clear pool...just looks bluish...milky. I have been fighting this for weeks and am @ my end....help!

PoolDoc
07-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Nothing in your post jumps out as an obvious reason for your problem, but there's a lot of missing information. It's much easier to answer your questions, when we have the details about your pool in one place. We often 'waste' the first few posts back and forth collecting information. So, please complete our new Pool Chart form -- it takes about 30 seconds, but will save much more than that.
Pool Chart Entry Form (http://goo.gl/cNPUO)

Your high calcium may, or may not be an issue. Having used "a lot of clarifier" may -- again -- be a problem or maybe not. (Very high levels of some chemicals used as clarifiers actually work in reverse, and essentially make the cloud impossible to filter!)

Your chlorine, pH, alkalinity, and CYA levels are all reasonable.

But, it could be a filtration problem -- the data in the pool chart will make that easier to determine.