PDA

View Full Version : AG Pool Install Question

glepage
05-26-2006, 10:01 AM
We have just started an AG pool, paver patio, and retaining wall installation, 24’R - 52” W, my question concerns filling the pool after the liner installation. Is there any advantage to having water trucked in to fill the pool as opposed to filling with garden hoses? Does it aid in setting the liner to fill it faster with the truck?

Our contractor feels that the 2 garden hoses we have available should be sufficient but I would really like a wrinkle free installation and am willing to have a truck delivery if necessary.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

drumr
05-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Glepage,
I have the same size pool as you do and my installer suggested to fill it about 1/4 of the way up with the garden hose to let the liner settle in place and then fill it the rest of the way with a truck or fire hydrant (if available). I actually have a hydrant in the corner of my yard, so I made a donation to the fire department and they came out and finished filling it up for me. We were swimming 45 minutes later, no wrinkle problem at all. This year I put a new liner in and filled it up with a garden hose. If you have decent water pressure you should be able to fill it in a about 2 days.

glepage
05-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think we will start with the hose and I will talk to my neighbor who is a fireman in town and see if they can accept a donation to fill the rest of the pool.

MaxxFusion
05-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I installed my pool myselft last august and called around to get prices for the truck to bring water. It was outrageous how much it was. I used 2 5/8" hoses and it took 16 hours to fill my pool. I have an AG 24/52 pool as well. I have no wrinkles in my pool.

hrsdennis
05-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi, there is no advantage to a water truck except speed of filling. Sarting off with a garden hose is strongly recommended.

Good Luck, Dennis