PDA

View Full Version : Repeat user with question

kmast
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Not a new user, been lurking since approximately 2002; (and actually posted a few times a few years ago); Couldn't remember my log in info;
This forum and website continue to be extremely helpful. In 2002, we had just moved into a home that had an existing spa/pool... 26,000 gallons worth.
Fast Forward: Last year, had to replace pump; went with Intelliflo 3050, with SWG. Easy Touch 8 control pad.Love It., so far, so good.
Recently had something metal fall into spa; Now spa is yuck!
Figured I need to drain it. Question: How do I drain spa without spa water going into Pool.
Or Can I?
Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide.
Karin

AnnaK
07-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Siphon? Shop vac? Small sump pump?

PoolDoc
07-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Recently had something metal fall into spa; Now spa is yuck!

Do you mean, "stained"? Not sure how something metal makes a spa "yuck".

Anyhow, besides the methods Anna suggested, you can also siphon it out overnight with a garden hose.

kmast
07-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks, Ben.

The metal had stained the bottom of the spa. I realize now, that my entire system was out of whack... hence the ' Yuck' spa... i.e., algae stains... yellow, green, and some black. So I am in the process of getting things back up to "balance". Did soak stain overnight with 'tri-chlor in wet sock' ... helped. Scrubbed more today.. Sump Pumped out extra water. Now refilling. It is looking much better.

Question: Do you have any recommendations for a SWCG tester? Can't seem to get into the other boards right now to read up on current info.

Thanks again,
Karin

PoolDoc
07-26-2012, 01:56 PM
What do you mean, an SWCG tester? For salinity levels?

If so, yes: the Aquachek strips (the ONLY Aquachek product we recommend!). There are pictures and links on the test kit info page; and there's a link to that page in my signature.

kmast
12-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi
wondering why my account is disabled?
Karin

PoolDoc
03-28-2013, 12:15 PM
It's enabled now.