PDA

View Full Version : Coping Renovation Question

mrduffin
03-28-2006, 10:22 PM
I have a vinyl liner pool with the metal bullnose coping poured into a concrete deck. I want to install some sort of concrete edging and pavers to update the pool.

Is there some sort of concrete edging that will drop down low enough to cover the top curve in the metal coping I now have?

I don't want to remove the coping....just hide it a bit.

duraleigh
03-29-2006, 06:37 AM
I think your idea is a good one but I can't remember seeing a product like that anywhere.

If something was made that would drop down and cover the metal, how would you blend in the "rear" (farthest from the pool) edge of the new coping into your existing deck?

Dave S.

mrduffin
03-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I was going to lay pavers on the exsisting concete that would be level with the back edge of the edging.

MarkC
03-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Will covering the coping prevent you from putting in a new liner in the future?

mrduffin
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
I was hoping to find an edging that dropped down in the front an inch or less. This would leave the liner channel open for liner repair or replacement.

I doubt what I am looking for is available but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask the folks who know!

Thanks to all who responded so far...

MarkC
03-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Have you thought about concrete resurfacing. That may give you an updated look and you may not have to change the coping and you won't have any changes in height to deal with. I don't know if you can cover the existing coping with some epoxy type coating to change it's color but it may be worth looking into.

SLS
03-31-2006, 08:54 AM
I am having trouble posting a reply so hopefully you haven't received this a bunch of times.

Would something like this work for you?

www.olympicstoneandmarble.com/bullnose_coping.asp