PDA

View Full Version : Newbie pump question

NJKat
07-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just bought an AG pool. We are waiting to get the permit to install it. I have already learn a lot just from reading here.
My question is about the pump that comes with the pool package that we bought. The pool is a Morada 24' x 52". The pump & filter that are included in the package are a Waterway 1hp Horzintal Pump & Motor (For DE and Element Filters) & a Waterway Clearwater II 150 sq ft Cartridge Filter. After reading about pumps on the forum I'm wondering if I would be better off with a 1hp / 2 speed pump instead. It sounds like a 2 sp pump would be much more economical. Should I see if the pool store would change the pump in the package? Thanks for any & all advice. We have never had a pool before and I plan to be spending a lot of time here on the Pool Forum !!
Kathy

Watermom
07-22-2012, 04:46 PM
You might even be able to go with a 1/2 or 3/4 hp. Hopefully, one of our pump experts will be along soon to advise you better than I can.

AnnaK
07-22-2012, 05:00 PM
I would definitely ask. The 2-speed might cost a little more but you will make that up in energy savings. I did a quick Google search on "2 speed pump for cartridge filter" and came up with a number of hits, including several for Clearwater systems.

NJKat
07-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Does this look like it would be a good pump?
1 HP 2-Speed 3450/1725 RPM, 115 volts Above Ground Pool Pump - Waterway brand - With large Debris Basket - at Amazon for $205.00
I was wondering if the filter that comes with our package would fit it. This is the filter in our package: Waterway Clearwater II 150 sq ft Cartridge Filter
Thanks again,
Kathy

AnnaK
07-23-2012, 07:24 AM
You could print out the product description and have your installer/supplier take a look at it. From the information given at Amazon it sounds like a capable pump.