PDA

View Full Version : WOW my numbers are off

Bowlin
05-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey today around 2 pm I shocked the pool w/super shock, I am going to bleach but got a deal on super shock, so I go outside at 8pm and check the water, and here are the results I got, I am awaiting Bens kit but I bought one until. A lot about the pool its aa grecian vinyl 27000 gallon pool, sand filter:

fc 2ppm
ph 6.8
ta 40
cya 20

So what I have read so far on the forum I need to raise my cya, also my alk, and definately shock for a few days trying to maintain around a 20 is this right or do you guys and gals recomend anything else.

CarlD
05-25-2006, 09:19 PM
First, get your pH up. 6.9 is the minimum pH for a vinyl pool or a damaged liner could result. If it reads 6.8, that's the bottom of the scale and may be much lower. You need to add Borax or Soda Ash today, right now! I don't know S/A amounts, but I would start with 1 box of Borax, wait a few hours, check again, add more Borax until the pool is AT LEAST 7.0

Soda Ash will raise your T/A as well as your pH so in this case it may be good. Or you can add Baking Soda to raise pH as the same time as the Borax.

CYA is a tad low...but get your pH fixed first.