PDA

View Full Version : Aqua luminator pool light

Bonnie25
07-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Someone gave me this pool light for my pool I have everything except a transformer box that I see other aqua lights have.
This plugs directly in the electric Is this safe to use like this or do I need the transformer
Thanks

Watermom
07-20-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm going to ask Ben to look at your question and see if he can help.

PoolDoc
07-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Someone gave me this pool light for my pool I have everything except a transformer box that I see other aqua lights have.
. . . . Is this safe to use like this or do I need the transformer?

Some things go together: steak and potatoes; wood smoke and camping; swimming and suntan lotion. Some don't.

Electricity and swimming pools don't. Very, very careful rules governing reasonable skilled people who understand those rules -- or who can at least follow them exactly -- have allowed people to mix the two without disaster. But, they don't really go together. And when someone who doesn't know how to tell whether a light set needs a transformer or not, asks about hooking up a pool light, it tells me something.

I'm gonna be blunt, and hope I can scare you! What it tells me is you don't know what the heck you are doing, and are likely to kill yourself or someone in your family, if you mess with that light.

When you go and educate yourself about electricity, so you can tell whether that "transformer" is really an AC transformer, or is actually a DC power supply -- and understand the difference between the two, then it might be appropriate to answer your question.

But, as it stands right now, there is only one possible appropriate answer: "Either leave the light alone, or else hire an electrician before you kill someone!"

I'm sure I've offended you. But I'd much rather offend you, than help kill you, so I'm not sorry.

************ Thread closed ************