PDA

View Full Version : Cut above water line in AG vinyl liner pool

cjblanton07
07-19-2012, 11:19 AM
About an inch wide - considered using the patching that came the new floats we bought this year but thought I better come here and get advice before I messed it all up. How should I go about repairing?

Thanks!

AnnaK
07-19-2012, 11:50 AM
We had some liner damage recently and used a vinyl liner repair kit from the pool store. The glue is very quick acting and curled a couple of patches before we got one to stick. From other posts on this forum the recommendation is for a kit which includes Boxer 100 glue, or that glue with a leftover bit of liner. The Boxer 100 glue is very strong but sets slower and requires that you put pressure on it for a while. I don't have personal experience with this glue, I'm only repeating what has been posted in the past, but I do plan to buy a vinyl repair kit containing this glue to have on hand. There was a recent post where someone had a patch loosen and float up after 10 or so days and Boxer 10 was suggested at that time.

To repair, cut a patch 2" larger than the damaged area and round the edges. Apply glue, affix patch, hold in place until glue is set. The instructions that come with the repair kits generally say how long to press the patch down. And while this doesn't pertain to your situation, and underwater patch can be held by a pillowcase filled with sand. I do have experience with that :(

cjblanton07
07-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Thankfully, it's not under water but with the type of storms we've had lately i wouldn't be surprised to find one there too. Thanks for the quick response. I'll see if my local pool store has a repair kit.