PDA

View Full Version : My numbers...HELP

Dafreak
05-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Here they are. The pool guy said all I really have to do is lower the Alkalinity and recommended 2 lbs of Lo 'N Slo a day for 4 days. He also recopmmended I either Power Flock the pool or use Polysheen Blue.

Saturation Index-.7
TDS-600
TC-2
FC-2
PH-7.9
TA-204
TH-264

Thats all that was tested. Thoughts?

aylad
05-25-2006, 02:04 PM
the only piece of advice your pool guy said that I agree with is that you need to lower your total alk, but I disagree with his method. Here's the recommended method to lower your alk..
http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=191

And I don't know why he recommended you use Power Flock or Polysheen Blue, other than to line his pocket--there's nothing either of these chemicals will do for your pool that properly chlorinated water and a running filter won't do!

We still need a CYA number.........

Janet

Dafreak
05-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Are there any other alternatives to muriatric acid? It sounds so bad/dangerous? I read the link but it didnt say how much to add (if I were going to go that route). I have about 35K gallons and other then my return jets no way to aerate the pool. Suggestions?

Dafreak
05-25-2006, 10:04 PM
My CYA is 0...

Simmons99
05-26-2006, 09:00 AM
You will need to add stabilizer (or CYA) to get it to 30-50ppm. It basically keeps the sun from burning off all the clorine during the day.

aylad
05-26-2006, 04:56 PM
You can use dry acid, but it takes less muriatic. As long as you're careful, muriatic really is no problem to work with. You need to wear gloves, eye protection, and most of all, stay upwind of the fumes. If you spill some on your skin, just wash it off in the pool.

And Simmons is right--the answer to holding chlorine in your pool is to add CYA........

Janet