PDA

View Full Version : Newbie pool owner

dchannes
07-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi, we just bought an above ground 4000 gallon pool. It has been 18 days since we filled it. I'm busy trying to figure out how to keep the water clear and pool clean. Whew! I didn't know there was so much to know. I happened upon this forum after doing a search on using muriatic acid to bring down the Ph level.

Grateful to know this is here. I WILL have questions. :)

Watermom
07-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Is this an intex pool? You might benefit from reading a couple of threads about starting up small intex pools. Go to the forum homepage and find the sub-forum called "pool chemistry for intex-type pools." The stickied threads give recipes for starting up a new small volume pool. Until your registration is completed, you'll have to log out, however, to be able to see the rest of the forum. So, log out before trying to find that thread. Once you're upgraded, you will no longer have to log out first to be able to see threads.

After reading, let us know if you have further questions.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

dchannes
07-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Watermom, thanks for the point. It not Intex brand but it's basically the same thing. This on has a regular pump/filter that attaches to the side wall. It has a hinged, flapper door opening and leaf basket.

PoolDoc
07-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I just upgraded your membership, and moved your thread into the Intex section. The Intex recipe here, http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?17055, may be of help.