PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater pump hoses crack frequently

mtnman2k1
07-14-2012, 02:28 PM
I've got an intex above ground 15ft diameter 42in deep pool with a saltwater filter. Towards the end of last summer, both the inlet and outlet hoses for the pump obtained multiple cracks. I put a new set of tubes on and this past week, the outlet tube is cracked about 1 inch from the outlet of the pump.

Are there any other tubes available which are thicker and will not crack as frequently? the bend in the hose where the crack occurred is very minimal and should not have caused the crack. The bend is only a short drop from where the hose end exits the pump and lies flat on the ground. It's about a 2 inch drop.

I've thought about replacing the flexible hoses with solid pvc pipe and elbow bends, but I havent figured out how I would connect the "screw on" ends which connect to the pool and the pump.

PoolDoc
07-14-2012, 06:38 PM
If you are using Intex hoses, call them and they'll probably send replacements. They sometimes get batches of bad product, but seem to be VERY good about sending out replacements. Their contact info is in a sticky in this (Intex Setup (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/forumdisplay.php?176-Intex-type-Pool-Setup-amp-Operations)) section of the forum.