PDA

View Full Version : new pool, new LEAKY sand filter

dragonquilt
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Hi all. New to pools. Bought a 14' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame pool as a starting point. Found it simple to put up but the filter that came with it was crap, so bought a GAME SandPro 75 (4511) sand filter (oversized for the size pool, but figured it would clear the pool faster). Filter works good and cleared up my green, cloudy pool, but I just can't get the thing to stop leaking around the lid and the base. Have taken it apart several times to be sure there is no sand at the tank O ring, and it is clean. I live in the country with a well and just can't keep adding water to a pool to compensate for the loss from the filter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Watermom
07-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm going to let someone else help you with your filter problem, but just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the Pool Forum!

dragonquilt
07-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks Watermom
I did call the company and they must have had issues with it, no questions asked, just will send another O ring and locking ring, but who knows how long it will take to get here. Really hate to try to gerry rig something. I am praying for rain to refill some of the pool :)

Watermom
07-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Glad to see that the company is helping you. Let us know once you get it, if it is working properly.

PoolDoc
07-13-2012, 09:55 AM
From what I can tell, Intex is pretty good about sending replacement parts, and usually gets them out pretty quickly.