PDA

View Full Version : wedding cake steps

bjaeram
07-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I have a 27foot Above ground pool. It has wedding cake steps. You can see inside via little holes in the steps and it's gross! How do you keep it clean under there if the water doesn't really circulate? I don't want to have to take them out every couple of weeks to clean. It was so much work to get them in!

AnnaK
07-11-2012, 08:10 PM
There are several things you can do to keep dirt out from under the steps.

1. When you have to top off the pool (add water due to splashout or evaporation) put a jet nozzle on your hose and hold it into the step openings, against the bottom of the steps, and anywhere that would allow you to flush out debris caught inside the steps.

2. Many of us drill extra 2" holes in the sides of the first step, about 6" up from the bottom. Then, when we brush the bottom of the pool, we push water against those holes to flush out the inside hollow.

3. When you're in the pool, moving the steps is not a big deal. Just take the railings out and maneuver the steps away from their current location. Then brush and put them back. They move easily in the water, being buoyant.

Take a look at the link in my signature, "Pool Pages", for photos of our wedding cake steps with additional holes drilled in.