PDA

View Full Version : 1st Test Results with my PS233

Phulish
05-24-2006, 09:52 PM
As a continuation from my post in the other forum, I had my water tested at the pool store prior to opening my pool and the results were as follows:

32K Gallon, Inground Vinyl Liner

FC 0
TC 0
PH 7.0
TA 90
CYA 10
Hardness 120
Metals 0

I added about 8.5 Gallons of bleach and put 4lds of CYA into a sock in front of the return. About 2 hours later I tested my FC and CC along with my PH and TA. I din't test CYA with Ben's kit as I feel pretty good that the Pool results are either on or very close.

My PS233 Results were

FC 14
CC .5
TC 14.5
PH 7.2
TA 100
CYA not retested but 10 per the pool store
CH Did not test (Vinyl Pool and the Pool store results seemed just fine

Now for my question, does the CC show up within the 2 hours or could that number continue to grow overnight?

I am going run the filter overnight and retest my FC and CC tomorrow AM and maintain a 12 PPM till the the CC is gone. I brushed the walls last night and have the Vacuum doing its thing.

I will also address the PH tomorrow with 26 oz of Arm and Hammer Soda Wash

Anything else I should be doing.

Also last year the pool store charged me $150 to open my pool (this does not include chemicals or removing the cover). Because of this site, I felt confident enough to do it myself. After opening it today, I am still trying to figure out what that $150 was for! I sent Ben some $$'s last year through paypal, is that still an option this year, if so does anyone have the link.

Thanks!

duraleigh
05-24-2006, 10:12 PM
It is not uncommon to always test just a little CC......less than .5. It may be fruitless to ytr to get it to absolute zero. I'd also let my pH stay right where it is.

I assume your water looks great. You're missing your Alk results....any reason?

You've done nice work learning how to manage your pool. :)

Phulish
05-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks Dave, I feel as though I have learned a ton, I thought TA was Alk, it is at 100. I guess I am still wondering if my CC can creep up overnight as I tested it after about 2 hours of putting in bleach and I had 0 FC and 0 TC in prior to adding bleach.

Thanks

duraleigh
05-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Sorry, I overlooked your Alk results both times.:o

This is a little above my pay grade but it might make sense for your additon of bleach to form a little CC....meaning there was a little something organic in there. I believe it is possible for CC to drift back down to 0 without shocking but I am not positive.

I test <.5CC frequently during the Summer and simply ignore it. If it goes to 1, I shock the pool (twice in two Summers).

Phulish
05-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Dave, you may have been right on as I tested this AM and had a FC of 13 and a CC of 0. I'll let it drift down to the recommended range for my CYA levels and then maintain.

At this point I will just get my CYA between 30 - 40 and I should be done.

Now I have to call the Pool Store and cancel my opening appointment!!

duraleigh
05-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Now I have to call the Pool Store and cancel my opening appointment!! Nice !:D :D

KurtV
05-25-2006, 12:12 PM
I read somewhere (I think here) that with the FAS-DPD chlorine test you should always add one more drop of the chlorine test reagent (#0871 in the Taylor kits and I think in Ben's as well) after the sample turns clear before performing the combined chlorine test. If I remember right, it said that if you didn't do this you would you would always show a CC level of 0.5 (or 0.2 if using the 25 CC water sample).

Wish I could find that post...