PDA

View Full Version : Important PS234 Info

PoolDoc
05-24-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm very sorry, but we've been in a 'hold' mode on the kits since last Wed or Thurs, since discovering widespread problems with the dropper tips on most of the bottles in the kits.

We will resume shipping tomorrow (Thursday).

Anyhow, I've been frantically researching the problem, but think I now have a handle on most of it.

FIRST: everyone with a PS234 should be SURE to use a clean tissue to carefully wipe the tip of the CHL#2, the ALK#3, the CAL#3, and (if you have it) the SALT#2 before use. We've tested hundreds of tips here, now, and wiping resolves the problem in more than 95% of the cases.

But . . . you should wipe on each use, for at least the next couple of uses.

Drop size on all other reagents is less critical, but it won't hurt. In any case, you are looking for large well-formed drops. (The drop size on the CAL#2 will usually be smaller.)

SECOND: we are going to ship everyone new tips, when we ship the manual, around the first of June, along with instructions about replacing them. (It will take that long for us to get the tips -- we're getting them directly from a Canadian manufacturer.)

THIRD: if you *still* have small or malformed drops, after wiping, EMAIL me (pooldoc AT pool9 DOT net) with your real name and address, and we'll send you some new tips immediately.

FOURTH: there've been some questions about the accuracy of the salt test. I just rec'd a few minutes ago a 'overnight' shipment of some saline standard solution, to use in validating the test. I'll post the results this evening. (I was supposed to do this yesterday, but the FX driver got 'confused' and I didn't receive the package till today.)

Ben