PDA

View Full Version : Which Dolphin to get??

Greggk
05-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi,

My Polaris 360 is about dead and I'm strongly considering getting a Dolphin. I have an inground cement pool that's roughly 30K gallons and about 45-50 feet long and about 20 feet wide in the shallow end (less in the deep end). I have concrete steps in the shallow end and walkouts in the deep end. It's a freeform pool that's basically in the shape of the number 8.

Any suggestions on what Dolphin I should get? Their website suggests the Dynamic Pro X, which I think is overkill for a family pool. Do you think a plain Dynamic would do the job? Dynamic Plus?

And are there better places to purchase besides eBay?

thanks!
Gregg

mas985
05-24-2006, 12:29 PM
I am considering the Dynamic sold by Costco:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11115792&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1

The only real reason is that Costco sells it and they have a very liberal return policy. If anything goes wrong within a reasonable time period (its basically up to the purchaser), I can return it to a store and they will give me my money back. It is like getting an extended warranty for free.

Greggk
05-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I am considering the Dynamic sold by Costco:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11115792&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1

The only real reason is that Costco sells it and they have a very liberal return policy. If anything goes wrong within a reasonable time period (its basically up to the purchaser), I can return it to a store and they will give me my money back. It is like getting an extended warranty for free.

Thanks, I did see that. My pool is a bit bigger than what they say the Dynamic is ideal for (20x40 I think). Not sure if that will matter that much or not.

ohpoolboy
05-30-2006, 10:35 AM
I have a pool similar in size and shape to yours. My pool dealer (authorized Dolphin Dealer) recommended the "Dolphin Interactive" for about $100 - $200 more than the Dynamic. Apparently it's a new model this year and it is recommended for larger (up to 50 feet), free form pools. I had never heard of the Interactive model until I saw it in their show room. A google search provided a few on-line sources.