PDA

View Full Version : Ok to Open a bit early?

mdg
03-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi All. Glad to see the forum back on line. Huzzah!

I live in the Midwest...Kansas to be exact. I'm selling my house, and want to get the pool opened up ASAP so that people see the nice clean water and fun fountain, instead of the boring (but nice!) green cover.

When is too early? I don't expect any more deep freezes, but who can tell? I mean, it's the end of March.

Anyone think I'm ok to open up now?

MarkC
03-28-2006, 03:01 PM
You should be fine to open. Just keep an eye on the weather reports and if they call for sub 30 temperatures leave the filter pump on during that time.

mdg
03-28-2006, 03:19 PM
You should be fine to open. Just keep an eye on the weather reports and if they call for sub 30 temperatures leave the filter pump on during that time.

Great! I'll go for it this weekend. Since it hasn't been very hot yet, I might not have much algea at all. That would be nice.

I'll let the forum know how it goes, and if I run into any troubles.

thanks for the advise,
Matt

SLS
03-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I live in southern Missouri and I would open mine sooner except the Maple and Oak trees haven't dropped their seeds yet. If you have trees near your pool that drop seeds you will spend a lot of time keeping the pool clean. I opened early one year and a spring storm deposited a large amount of seeds pods from my neighbors LARGE pin oak and I spent hours cleaning the green stains from the water line around the perimeter of the pool. Just a word of caution!!