PDA

View Full Version : problem with green cloudy water..

phillies06
07-01-2012, 11:27 AM
We've tried everything ...we just bought an above ground Intek 14x4 foot round pool/filter 635r on 6-21-12.it was crystal clear when we filled it with well water ,it wasn't until the pool place had me start adding chemicals that it turned green.they had me put in 2chorine tablets in a floater then alkalinity plus that's when i noticed it changed to green that was on 6-26-12.they had us wait they were concerned about minerals in our well water but it never showed up on the test. they said on 6-27 to add mineral out to cover the bases they thought it could Be to high to show,they did check for magnesium he said that was high so i had to add all of 16ounce bottle,next day or so noticed brown clumps on bottom of pool they said it was working.on 6-28 my husband shocked the pool,on 6-29 added calcium hardness and today finally added stabilizer ,pool is still green ..we really want to swim in it, they said its fine to since the numbers are good but I'm concerned,please help...our pool numbers are as of 6-30-12 free chlorine -6.7,total chlorine -6.7 but is back to normal range now,combined chlorine-0.0,ph-7.5,hardness-250,alkalinity(with stabilizer correction)cya-10,copper-0,iron-0..chemicals were using glb brand..

aylad
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi, and welcome.

Using well water with minerals in an Intex pool is a challenge. It can be overcome, but you have to be a little more diligent about your chemical balance to keep it clear. When you add high chlorine, high pH, and/or high TA to well water with minerals, it turns clear green--that's the minerals precipitating out of the water. If your pool is clear green and not cloudy, and you have chlorine in it, and the pH is between 7.0 and 8.0, it's okay to swim in it, although it may not be the crystal blue water you want.

When you get a minute, log out of the forum to the forum's home page under the second sub-forum. Find the one called "Pool chemistry for Intex-type pools". Open it, and read the first two stickies there--one of them is specifically for owners like yourselves that have well water. That will outline what's going to be necessary to run the pool and what your options are. There will be some decisions for you to make--but once you've made them, or if you have any questions, come back and post them, and we'll be glad to help you go from there.

phillies06
07-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Thank you for your help ill take a look at the forum..if I only knew ..

PoolDoc
07-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Sorry your post & membership got lost in the crush; not sure if you still need help, but your membership has been upgraded. -ben