PDA

View Full Version : Please help with Intex 15 ft quick set chemicals.

birddog316
06-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I put up my Intex "quickset" 2 days ago. I purchased the pop up pool starter kit which consists of stabilizer,chlorine granules and a shock and swim. I applied all 3 within half hour intervals last night its been almost 16 hrs now pump has been running for 4 hrs chlorine level is about 5/10 ph is about 8.4 and alkalinity is 120 but water is brown and dirty looking because we have well water dont know what else to do. nothin has been easy with this "easy" set pool from start to finish. never buy another one again. Please help. Thank you.

aylad
06-29-2012, 12:59 PM
HI birddog, and welcome to the forum!!

Your post is almost identical to literally hundreds of other posts we've gotten over the last few seasons, so don't feel alone! When you fill a pool with water containing metals, and introduce that water to high chlorine/high pH, the metals precipitate out and cause brown water like you have. So... your next step needs to be to log out of the forum, go to the second section of the forum, first topic, called "Pool chemistry for Intex-type pools". Once you open that, the first sticky is called "Before you fill your Intex-type pool with well water". Read through that sticky, because it will give you almost all the information you need to understand what you're dealing with. Once you've read through that, then come back and we can go from there.

You can manage the pool with well water, but it's a little more complicated than managing a metal-free pool. YOu just have to be willing to bite the bullet and do it.

Watermom
06-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Please fill in your pool's information in our Pool Chart. It makes it easier for us to help.

Pool Chart Entry Form (http://goo.gl/cNPUO)
Pool Chart Results (http://goo.gl/PXaLu)

PoolDoc
07-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Sorry your post & membership got lost in the crush; not sure if you still need help, but your membership has been upgraded. -ben