PDA

View Full Version : First Time Pool Owner, HELP !!!!

AngieOlson
06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
So i receive my new Intex 12' x 30" easy set up pool tomorrow, I have read your super simple pool chemistry recipe and am still confused.

I guess i need to know exactly what i have to buy and need ( where i can go on the cheap for the chemicals since I finally got my husband to agree to a pool and he is already regretting saying yes.) I also probably need the chemistry recipe dumbed down for me this is becoming really overwhelming for me and am now becoming a little concerned that i may have bitten off more than i can chew (my husband says he refuses to physically help in any way and that i am on my own with this adventure) normally he is who i turn too when i need help when i am confused about something.

I just am really confused about all the chemicals.

PoolDoc
06-28-2012, 08:55 PM
You're just going to have to plunge in, and do it. It is confusing at first. We can help you DO what you need to DO, but we can't really make it any less complicated. With a little experience, it will seem easy enough, but till you have that . . . you'll just have to push through.

I can't really cut your costs much. If you order pretty much everything from Amazon, you are probably going to spend over $100. If you buy locally, you can probably spend a little less, BUT you'll get less AND it will be more confusing.

If you want to spend the absolute minimum, get your test kit first, and test your fill water BEFORE you set up your pool. Give us the test results, and we can tell you what you will have to get. It's possible you'll only need dichlor from Amazon or Sams Club and borax from Walmart. But, I can't know that, till you test your fill water.