PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh conversion complete...LOL now what??

Waterdragon
05-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone.....

I have searched, but cannot figure out what to do next. I am currently going from 0 CYA and have added 3 lbs with my former favorite sock. OK, now what....

In other words, I would appreciate it if someone can tell me when to add bleach, When to shock, how to shock, I read about the polyquat algeacide, but I simply don't know how to maintain a bleach pool.

BTW, I found liquid shock, 10 % for $8 for 4 gallons. The cheapest I could find bleach was $2.59 for 1.42 gals.

I stocked up.

My wife commented that the pool is now clearer (although still a smidgen cloudy) than it ever was on Baquajunk.

I feel almost robbed with what the pool sharks put me through last year. Jeezy Creezy, they made a fortune on me.

Inerestingly, I packed my sock full of cya and put it in the return, as I am a backwashing maniac. I noticed if I lightly squeezed the bag, it got rather milky rather quickly. So I kinda played "koosh ball" with it. I have a BIG motor on my pump. It came with a 2 1/2 horse pump. You can almost surf on it. BUT it does have a low speed, but I run it full tilt when adding chems. I changed my sand Sunday. What a Boogered up mess. The sand was stuck together and wagon wheel in my filter had like, rubber seaweed attached to it. I took it all apart, scrubbed them before I added the new sand. HUGE difference. Water is flowing like mad now. I bought a "lil shark" automatic cleaner it seems to be OK. I had a "kontiki" diaphram type, but the flat part kept getting stuck under my "wedding cake" steps.

I cannot thank you all enough. A million thanks would not do it.

You all are patient and knowledgable

I know I speak for many newbies, we could NOT have done it without you.

(Applause, Applause)