PDA

View Full Version : Old-timer back again ....

Faefyre
06-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi all,

I joined this forum many years ago and Ben and everyone else was SO helpful and taught me the ins-and-outs of the BBB method. Haven't had the opportunity to have a pool for about 6 years now so I haven't been here. I forgot my user name and password if it is even still in there so I have re-registered.

So ... bought my first home this spring and I now have a wonderful deck that I have set an inexpensive Intex 22x52 10,000 gal pool up to (temp pool until I actually know the costs of my new home). It is up and running and I thought it was time to come back and make sure I know what I am doing (since it has been at least 6 years).

So far it is going well. I have well water and even though there is a little metal in our northern Indiana water, the 2500gal/hr pump is filtering it well and the water is slightly discolored but not cloudy. I have a 6-way kit and I am working on getting the CYA levels up now to keep my chlorine from dissipating.

Any new tips for the hot weather we have been having lately? So far, like I noted, everything seems to be going okay with the new pool setup but I want to be on my toes and be able to post if anything goes wrong!

Thanks all!

Tami

PoolDoc
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
You may want to read the metals sticky in the metals and stains section, and the Intex recipe sticky in this section. You don't have to follow them, but you may find out some things that will help you.

Welcome back!

Ben / PoolDoc

Watermom
06-28-2012, 10:15 PM
What was your user name when you were a member 6 years ago?

Glad you came back!

Faefyre
06-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks Ben ... I went back and did that already to refresh my memory! Which is so bad I don't even remember what my user name was back then haha! I do remember how helpful you all were though.

BigDave
07-06-2012, 05:11 PM
People seldom remember what you've said but will remember how you made them feel.