PDA

View Full Version : "Throttle down" on vacuum to waste?

kevreh
05-23-2006, 08:52 PM
My water is clear 2 days after opening, but I have some algae sitting on the bottom and sides of my pool. When you vacuum to the waste line, does it have to be 100%? I ask because it dumps so much water, I feel like I really have to hurry otherwise I'll dump too much water.

I figure I could close 2 of the 3 intake lines (2 skimmers and the drain) OR adjust the 3-way to send some of the water back to the pool.

?

Kevin

duraleigh
05-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Hi, Kevin,

vacuuming will not eliminate algae. You need chlorine.

Vacuuming to waste will help rid your pool of visible debris but, like you, I don't like to waste the water. A properly working filter will clean your pool vacuuming from the "filter" position.....provided you have killed the algae by keeping the proper amount of chlorine available.

kevreh
05-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks, I understand the part about chlorine. My chlorine level is in check and water is 100% clear, what I'm talking about is the algae and dirt on the bottom and sides of pool. If vacumming using the filter position works thats' fine, I'll just backwash after everythings cleaned up. Not sure if my DE filter will catch all the stuff or if it will spit it back into the pool.

Kevin