PDA

View Full Version : New Intex Pool owner

tom79904
06-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Just ordered the Intex 24ft x 12ft intex pool and am a first time pool owner so I figured I had better find a place to get questions answered. Found the 7 day Intex Pool Care Plan while doing a search and plan on following it to the letter. I Look forward to visiting this forum often!

aylad
06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum!! Do as much reading as you can before the pool arrives, so you'll be able to start it out right. Do yourself a favor, and go ahead and get a good test kit while you're at it--it's probably the most important tool you can have!! (We recommend the K-2006 linked in my sig)...

Looking forward to seeing you around :cool:

Watermom
06-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Just want to add my welcome to you as well. Also, another great thing to do is to go and read at our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. Lots of good information there, too.

A question --- what size pump and size and type of filter will you be getting? We often see systems sold with mismatched pump/filter combos and that can create problems especially if you ever have algae to clean up.

tom79904
06-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Thank you for the welcome. Following your advice I ordered the k-2006 test kit yesterday. The pool comes with a pump and filter but if I am reading correctly it dosent seem to be adequate. I would like your opinion on the Hayward Pro-series 1HP Sand Filter. I believe the model is S180T92S. Pool should be here Tuesday the 3rd and I want everything here so I can spend my 4th putting it together withought having to run to the pool store. LOL I'm obsessed with getting this right the first time. Even hired a crew to level my yard and bring in the sand.

Watermom
06-27-2012, 04:41 PM
A 1hp pump seems too big for your pool and I think it may be too powerful for that filter (which I think is a 150 lb. sand filter, but not sure.) Let me check on this for you.

tom79904
06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
My apologize i'm a little confused. That pump and filter come as a set I thought. If 1HP is to large I can look for something smaller. Any recommendations?

PoolDoc
06-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi Tom;

That set is probably OK -- 1HP would be too much, if it was a real 1 HP, but somehow, they get away with some sort of screwy rating system with those AG pump/filter packages. It's probably less than a 1/2HP IG (in-ground) pump.

tom79904
06-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Ok thanks. I'll get it ordered then so it will be here when I set up. Appreciate all the advice from you guys. I dont feel so blind going into it now.