PDA

View Full Version : Remedy For Sagging Pool Liner?

viggen_eh
06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi
Here in the frozen north, snow season ended ! The sled dogs are retired for the summer and it's time to open the pool!
So, after taking the cover off and recovering from getting knocked over by the sulphurous stink, I noticed that the pool liner is sagging. It hasn't slipped out of it's track, but it is baggy and has more folds than I can count. What to do? We only have a 2 and a half month pool season, and since I drained the pool today, it seems like a good time ( after cleaning the muck out) to adjust the vinyl liner....but how to do that?

Any advice would be very helpful.

Only in Ontario...

Watermom
06-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Do you have a test kit --- test strips don't count. What is your pH? Low pH can damage a liner. We don't usually suggest draining a vinyl liner totally as sometimes it ruins them. How old is your liner? Can you post a picture using picasa, flicker, photobucket, etc. I'm going to ask one of our pool installers to take a look at your thread.

Welcome to the Pool Forum, by the way!

waste
06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Welcome to The Forum!

Pics would certainly help me point you in the right direction :)

My first read on this is that you have a ground or surface water issue.

How old is the liner? (after ~ 3 - 5 years, draining is a BAD thing to do!)

Please give me some more info and I'll do my best to help you.

viggen_eh
06-28-2012, 10:23 AM
No apparent groundwater issue - liner is on concrete liner, but is old. No water accumulation under liner. It is severely wrinkled and my best guess after reading the threads is that the wrinkles are chemical in origin. Have now re-filled the pool and liner is not bagged on sides as much.

waste
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Good to hear.

Please keep up on the chemistry so you'll get the longest life out of your liner.

viggen_eh
07-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks, will do.