PDA

View Full Version : Hayward S180T

ticchen
06-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and can definitely need some help figuring some problems with the filter that I have.

The flow rate with the filter is ALOT slower than just the pump alone. I understand that I should see a decrease in flow rate, however last summer when I used the filter, the flow was amazing! Recently I also tried vacuuming the pool, and to my surprise the entire filter collapsed! All of this has never happen before, and when I tried to backwash, the flow rate coming out of the waste pipe was VERY slow too. I am really clueless of what I should do from here, please help!

Watermom
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
What is the volume of your pool, what is the size of the pump and what type and size is this filter? What is the pressure on the filter? What variances are you seeing in the readings? I really can't help with your problem, but just asking for some of this info so that it is already here in your thread. That way, when someone comes along who can help, they have a little more information.

Welcome to the Pool Forum, by the way!

ticchen
06-24-2012, 03:04 PM
I have a 15x30 above ground pool with a Hayward S180T sand filter. The pump is 1.5HP. The pressure on the filter is running at normal.

PoolDoc
06-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Recently I also tried vacuuming the pool, and to my surprise the entire filter collapsed! All of this has never happen before, and when I tried to backwash, the flow rate coming out of the waste pipe was VERY slow too.

That really shouldn't have happened. By any chance, have you installed the filter in FRONT of the pump (upstream, on the suction side)?