PDA

View Full Version : Converting to BBB from Clear Comfort??

CAPTCHEMCL
05-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Here is my pool history. This is our 3rd season, Fiberglass IG pool 14K - 16 x 36, sand filter (300 lb) with heater, have always used peroxide saniters. End of last year, the water got hazy and we could not correct. We closed the pool as per clear comfort instructions. Opened pool this year, have already added calcium to harden, ph down, alkalinity up, and 4 gallons of clarifier just to balance the water (as per PB advice) . We have added sand helper to the filter, changed the sand in the filter, filtered 24/7 for the last 13 days and still the water is milky and we can barely see the drain in the deep end. Our pool man just keeps saying...."give it time, it will clear..." We have already spent well over $300 and have terrible water!! I have had it and want to start to convert to BBB this weekend Now I know this pool has to be chock full of peroxide but we cannot continue to wait for clear water. Can anyone give me step by step protocol to do this conversion? I know I have to buy the test kit (one from Wal-Mart to start till I can get one from Ben, Leslie or Taylor, BTW how do I contact them?):confused: .

Watermom
05-23-2006, 07:41 PM
The link to buy Ben's test kit from the www.poolsolutions.com website is below.

http://www.poolsolutions.com/cart/ps234.php

Also, read through the posts in this baq forum. You will find lots of info about doing a conversion. Also, some pictures so you can see what to expect along the way. It's gonna get green and ugly. Be prepared for that, but you'll be glad you converted to chlorine. Welcome to the forum.

CAPTCHEMCL
05-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Thank you, I just ordered one through the link you supplied. Boy I can tell I have SO MUCH TO LEARN!!! Thank you again for your help

CAPTCHEMCL
05-24-2006, 07:28 AM
I managed to find other postings from people in my same position of not knowing ANYTHING about how to do this, and the answers they got will help me immensely. We plan to start this over the upcoming weekend (SCARY!). I will take pictures. Funny though, I remember 30 years ago when my dad put in his pool using baking soda and borax instead of buying the chemicals from the pool place.....I guess he was ahead of his time! LOL