PDA

View Full Version : cloudy water

Sheila2e
06-23-2012, 03:04 PM
we had a stabilizer issue a few days ago, we have corrected it... but now we have cloudy water... How do I get rid of the cloudy water?

my readings:
hardness: 1000ppm
total chlorine: 3ppm
pH: 7.2ppm
alkalinity: 120ppm
stabilizer: 50ppm

the only things added were stabilizer & shock over 24 hrs ago

Watermom
06-23-2012, 04:02 PM
What is the ingredient of the shock? What do you mean by a stabilizer issue? I think your cloudy water is a result of that high calcium hardness reading. What kind of filter do you have?

Sheila2e
06-23-2012, 05:48 PM
when I checked the levels yesterday my stabilizer was low... We fixed that issue. We just got back from the pool store, we took in a water sampler... It was the hardness of the water... They gave us a 5 in 1 clarifier, & said that should solve the problem. He also told us we were over cleaning our filter, which is allowing small particles to pass through.

We have a (cartridge filter) hayward swimpro voyager

Watermom
06-23-2012, 06:25 PM
What is the ingredient of your shock that you used? What did you use to increase the CYA level? Don't add any more clarifier or anything else from the pool store at this time.

Sheila2e
06-23-2012, 07:04 PM
We haven't add any shock since yesterday, it was a low chlorine shock & swim... (it was hth shock & swim (blue label)) The only thing added today was the 5 in 1, we only added 3oz.

aylad
06-23-2012, 07:11 PM
What Watermom was asking, was what the ingredient in the shock was..not the product name. Hth shock and swim is calcium hypochlorite. When you add a calcium-based product to a pool that already has sky-high calcium, you get milky/cloudy water, regardless of how often you're cleaning the filter--and it's not something that a clarifier is going to help with. You need to lower the calcium level in your water, and stop using cal-hypo for chlorination, otherwise this is going to happen every time you chlorinate the pool. What is the calcium level of your fill water? Also--what did you do to "fix the issue" of low stabilizer?

Janet

Sheila2e
06-23-2012, 07:34 PM
That's what the guy at the pool store told us... He also said the shock we used (prior) was high in calcium. He gave us a different type of shock.

& yesterday we added a stabilizer & conditioner....

Watermom
06-23-2012, 08:04 PM
What was the ingredient in the "different type of shock?"