PDA

View Full Version : Intex Ultra fram 16 x 32 - HELP.....Pleeaaseee! :)

MariMc
06-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi...we've purchased and are installing our new pool. It is 16 x 32 x 52" deep. The pool is filling, however the long top rails are bowing in....does this straighten out as the pool fills? We're really worried because we can't find anyone with our same style pool...thanks!

Edit by Watermom: When new members post, their post goes into a moderation queue to be approved by one of us before it appears on the forum, so you don't need to re-post. Never fear, it will appear! (I deleted your duplicate post in the queue.)

waste
06-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Welcome to The Forum!

It's normal for a little bowing of the walls to occur before the water is high enough to buttress them and push the walls back to the uprights.

I'm assuming this is a 'slow fill' (like with a garden hose). Just make sure that the liner doesn't become dis-attached from the top as you fill.

Please let us know how it ends up ;)

AGPoolNewbie
06-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I installed the exact same pool 1 and 1/2 weeks ago. Like Waste stated above, the sides will bow in. They actually bow in a large amount and my wife and I were really worried as well. But when the pool gets to about 75%, the sides begin to move back out. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents since I just went through the same installation.

MariMc
06-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks so much...I was really worried. We put the cement pads under each U brace and started to think that they were causing a problem...but hopefully all is good. I'll check back in with you...next up Sand/Salt filter programming! ahahaha.....

MariMc
06-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Thanks for reply...it's coming along. Are you planning on leaving yours up year round? We're in Ohio and its not really recommended, however we see a lot of folks around here leaving their pools up.

AGPoolNewbie
06-22-2012, 12:02 PM
I live in Southeast Texas so our winters aren't very harsh. I'm planning on keeping the pool up year-round and I'll use the included cover as well. I don't really know at this point how much maintenance is supposed to continue during the off season, but I will be reading and educating myself. The cost of water and cleaning the metals out of my water is just too high to start from scratch again next year though.

Does the low salinity water used in these pools freeze in the northern states during winter?

aylad
06-22-2012, 01:30 PM
In Southeast Texas, you should be able to keep the pool up all year--just make sure that you have the pump running overnight during sub-freezing night temps so that your pipes don't freeze and burst. Your chlorine consumption will be substantially lower, though, when the water gets colder. I'm in Northwest Louisiana, near Shreveport, and mine stays open all year too...

Janet

AGPoolNewbie
06-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh ok. Near Beaumont area here. That clears up alot. I was worried that I might have to continue adding $$$ throughout the winter, but it sounds like chemicals will be a low cost.

MariMc
06-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Well....we'll find out this December! ahahaha......last winter was fairly mild. But here is what a man we know has done to his pool every year: he partially drains the pool, takes a salt block and puts it in a 5 gallon bucket, pokes holes in the lid and puts it on. Then he places it in the center (he has a round bubble pool) and puts the cover on the pool. He says this keeps it from freezing solid. I think I'll ask around, but I've noticed some homes that have them up for a few years so we're going to give it a try. Next problem for me is the barn cats!!! They keep jumping up on the rail and looking into the pool.....anyone want a cat? or 12? ahaha....Thanks!

MariMc
06-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks much! it is done and amazing, but ....my cement slabs are snapping in half....oh Nooooo! but, we're on a lot of shale here, so I'm praying there won't be much shifting.

PoolDoc
06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
membership upgraded. -ben