PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Raptor

jenme
05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Does anyone have a Polaris Raptor? I have recently purchased a new one & am having problems getting the right setting. It is connected to the skimmer. It will run good for a while & makes a ticking noise, but then it stops. You have to unplug & reconnect it to get back the same suction. It also seems to make one of the water outlets lose its prime and push out water softer. Is this normal? Are you supposed to change the setting frequently? Please help.

Bleach=Chlorine?
05-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Is your pump properly sized to handle a vacum-side cleaner?

jenme
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
It should be. The guy we bought it from also installed our new liner & he owns a pool store. We can't seem to get help from him now that the "job" is done & he has been paid. We had a dedicated line on the side of our pool, but he covered it up with the new liner & put the raptor in through the skimmer. ???? Wouldn't it have had more power in the dedicated line?

Bleach=Chlorine?
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Hmm, not totally sure, but the dedicated line may have been for a pressure (return) side cleaner. I am not even close to an expert on cleaner equipment so I will defer to those ppl. That being said, ;) this line:
It also seems to make one of the water outlets lose its prime and push out water softer.
Makes it seem like the pump is not drawing enough water through the skimmer when that cleaner is hooked up.... you are submerging all the hose before hooking it up to draw out water right? Also, if you have an adjustable valve, if you close the main drain so it is 100% skimmer do the returns seem normal?