PDA

View Full Version : problems with algae

mike_311
06-18-2012, 04:17 PM
i listened to the advice on this forum and the pool was doing great, now i have algae growing, not much, but its starting.

if you remember i had very high stabilizer levels, i drained the pool. got it to 25-30ppm and started there.

i have been keeping the chlorine between 3-6ppm, i added a little more last night because i saw some algae growing and i knew it would be sunny and the kids were going to be in it today, just checked it and its at 7ppm. i also checked the stabilizer and its at 45-50ppm. how is that possible? the ONLY thing i have added is bleach, that's it, nothing else has gone into my pool. now tabs, shock, nothing just 6% bleach every day.

please advise.

AnnaK
06-19-2012, 07:52 AM
It can happen. There are so many variables: weather, bather load, FC fluctuations, circulation. A bather can bring algae in on a suit or a float or a toy if they've been in a lake or river. Stuff happens and algae are opportunistic. In my pool, they hide in the (unused) light niche which gets no circulation at all and they will pop out if I'm not paying attention.

Shock the pool to 15 ppm FC, brush the area where you saw the patch. That's been my approach and it has worked for me.