PDA

View Full Version : Intex sand filter discharge reducer fitting

SoonerMark
06-18-2012, 04:08 PM
I just bought a 14" Krystal clear Intex sand filter. I am trying to figure out how to attach the 2" discharge hose (the limp blue plastic tubing). The discharge on the head of the filter is a threaded male fitting that measures 2 1/4". The discharge hose is 2" (bought at the pool supply store). Is there a female fitting to reduce down to the 2" hose? I called Intex and I'm not sure the asian girl I talked to understood what I wanted but told me the only thing they had was a cap and I have that.

Watermom
06-18-2012, 04:57 PM
You should be able to look at Home Depot or any plumbing supply place. There are all kinds of adaptors that go to various sizes. I had to have the same type of thing taken care of when my solar panel was recently replumbed. I think the necessary pieces were bought at Home Depot.

SoonerMark
06-18-2012, 05:04 PM
I did go to Lowe's but the only PVC parts that they had were 2" not 2 1/4"

Poconos
06-18-2012, 10:03 PM
That 2.25" you measure is really a 2" pipe thread. The discharge hose is probably 1.5" so you will probably want a 2" female thread to 1.5" barbed adapter. The dark gray plastic ones for the black poly pipe. You can heat that blue hose to stretch it if necessary then throw a hose clamp on it. I found that when working with pool hoses an electric heat gun is a valuable tool. They're cheap and used for stripping paint. Just a side note, at both Home Depot and Lowes it seems like people love to put things back in the wrong bins. You gotta root sometimes. Drives me nuts.
Hope this helps.
Al

PoolDoc
06-20-2012, 07:29 PM
membership upgraded. -ben