PDA

View Full Version : Opening an Intex pool for the 2nd year

donovan.lambright
06-18-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm new to the pool forum and just wanted to say hi. We have a 15 foot, 48 inch deep, Intex Easy Set pool. This is the second summer we've had it and I'm hoping not to make some of the dumb mistakes I made last year. :-)

Not being much for yard work, I tried to level the pool last year by bringing in some dirt and spreading it around the lower points. I did manage to get it basically level but the dirt clods I assumed would flatten under all that water didn't. This year, I did it right: pulled up the sod and leveled it with a carpenters level duct-taped to a long board nailed to a center stake. I was also much more careful about getting wrinkles out of the bottom. All in all, the pool is going to be a lot easier on the feet this time around.

I have two girls, 4 and 6, who are out of their minds with excitement about swimming this year. The weather has been rainy a lot so we haven't gotten in much yet but we have the whole summer yet.

Anyway, thanks for reading through this and allowing me to introduce myself!

Donovan

aylad
06-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi Donovan, and welcome to the group!!

We have lots of good info around here, all aimed at making your pool easier and less expensive to maintain. Please read through all you can (you can see the rest of the forum after Ben completes your registration) here and at our sister site, Poolsolutions.com. If you have questions, feel free to ask :)

PoolDoc
06-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Your membership has been upgraded.

I'll be posting a guide to easy basic Intex pool care later today.

donovan.lambright
06-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks! I was looking through the easy care guide and it looks great.

PoolDoc
06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
If you follow it, I'd love to have feed back on what was confusing, or anything you find that does NOT work well for you.