PDA

View Full Version : Pool Reel and Acid Wash

Jason_DW
06-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Hi,

I am new the forum and found my way here based on a google search for DIY pool blanket reels. We are just getting into the right season to start using our pool for the first time and now I want to get the blanket on to keep it warmer and probably do an acid wash to bring the pool aesthetics up a bit.

I am hoping I can find a lot of information on this forum to head me in the right direction.

Thanks

jason

Watermom
06-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Hi, Jason, and welcome to the Pool Forum! Good idea to use a solar blanket. It will make a big difference in keeping the heat in your pool. Use the Google Search in my signature below rather than the forum software search feature. It works much better. Until your registration is complete, however, you'll have to log out to be able to see the search results.

Regarding the acid wash --- are you aware that acid washes remove the top layers of your pool's finish and make it more porous and open to staining? If a power washer will do the trick of getting it cleaned up, I'd try that first before an acid wash. You can also do some searching about acid washes.

Hope you find the forum helpful. Glad to have you join us!

PoolDoc
06-19-2012, 05:25 PM
membership upgraded - PoolDoc

Jason_DW
07-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Sorry it took sooo long to get back here. Thanks for your advice on the acid wash...after speaking with our pool guy he was actually planning on doing a chlorine wash instead and use a pressure washer....maybe a bit of sanding if needed for the black mold locations.

We have ordered a cover and reel and should get those next week.

Now to search the rest of the forum for ideas...

Watermom
07-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Hope you'll find some information that will be beneficial for you! Don't forget to also read on our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. Lots of good stuff there as well.