PDA

View Full Version : Replacing an inground skimmer in my in my pool ( Need advice)

royjohn76
06-12-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm currently about to start replacing an inground skimmer in my pool. I have removed the old skimmer and am about to install the new one. I have did a lot of research and learned a lot about this, however I haven't found anything that is a beginning to end instructional. I guess the main things I'm concerned with are preventing any leaks in the future. From my understanding rebar has to be wrapped around the skimmer to prevent the skimmer from coming detached later. Should the rebar be wrapped tight around the skimmer or should there be some spacing. On the same topic what is the best way to attached the old rebar to the new? I can heat the two ends and make loops like hooks or should this be tact welded? Also many of the professional guys have said to not forget to towel in epoxy coated metal rods, I can find any more information on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lastly when I place the skimmer in should I lay a certain type of epoxy on the face of the skimmer and should I drill it in with concrete screws. A step by step instructional guide would be great but if that's not possible answers to these question should set me on the right path! Thanks for taking the time to read this and any information is GREATLY appreciated if pics are available that would be incredible, but I will take what information I receive and be thankful!!

PoolDoc
06-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with methods and materials that have become common for this work, over the last decade. Maybe someone else is.