PDA

View Full Version : Hayward h100id

zebra6331
06-11-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with an issue I have with my heater. It's approx 8 years old, H100id Hayward. I haven't had any issues until now.

When I turn thermostat on, it ignites fine....and it heats the incoming water, and there's still the same hot exhaust released. But, after approx 15 minutes, it simply stops heating, with only some cool faint air out of exhaust port. I've noticed two new "sounds" this year since opening...one, it's like a fan rattling sound. And now, there's a different pitch "whirl" sound, almost like a plane starting to take off. Not extremely loud though. Other than that, I don't notice anything else...no violent shaking like I've read some experienced.

Any ideas on where I should start? Thanks in advance!!

Gregg

Watermom
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Hi, Gregg, and welcome to the Pool Forum. I can't help you with your heater, but just wanted to let you that your post had been read and you weren't being ignored! Once your registration is complete and your post is moved out into the equipment section of the forum, you're more likely to have someone wee your post who has some experience with heaters. Hopefully, someone will be able to help you.

zebra6331
06-12-2012, 09:18 AM
How long before I can get access to search forums again?

PoolDoc
06-13-2012, 03:52 PM
You can search the forums now, via the link in my signature. But, there's not much here. Troubleshooting electronic pool heaters it a bit out of our league. However, I did fint a long thread here (http://www.doityourself.com/forum/pools-spas-hot-tubs/345253-hayward-h100id-ignites-but-cools-quickly.html) that may be helpful.

However, your problem sounds to me more like component failure. As a rule, when (a) something's not working right, and (b) the motors / fans / pumps / valves etc SOUND different . . . checking out the things with the weird sound is a place to start.

This looks like it may be your manual, and has a wiring diagram and some trouble shooting info:

Manual 367 (http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/Manual367.pdf)