PDA

View Full Version : Startup for EasySet 18x4

seminolewind
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
My sister got the pool I mentioned and is filling with fresh spring water. What would she put in initially as far as the three B's? Thanks in advance.

CarlD
05-22-2006, 05:03 PM
You need to know the volume of the pool, preferably in gallons (the water, actually, not the pool).

You need to have a baseline test of the pool water, but you cannot wait too long.

I'm gonna guess it's 6500-7000 gallons. She can start with 1/2 gallon of regular 5.25% bleach to start, just till you get other tests, so you can prevent algae from immediately growing. I'd put it in right now, as the pool is filling.

She needs a test kit ASAP--at a minimum a little OTO kit that measures chlorine and pH. Better still, if you can find it, is the WalMart 5-way kit for $12-$15. This measure chlorine to 5ppm, pH, Total Alkalinity, CYA (stabilizer) and calcium (which she can ignore).

She will need some stabilizer (CYA) so check the forum for info on it.

seminolewind
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I have a good drops test kit and I'll be checking her water for her on a regular basis, since we're neighbors. I have the essentials (BBB) to get her started and educated on, but I wasn't sure on the startup for her pool. It's roughly 5600 gallons, according to the box it came in. Thanks for the early advice Carl :)