PDA

View Full Version : Used Doughboy AG pool questions to help with install

rusty37
06-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Greeteings,
About 5 years ago I was given a free Doughboy above ground pool which was already about 5 years old. I disassembled it and have all the parts, but I lost the notes I had on the pool size, etc. It is a larger oval pool, and now that my daughter is getting comfortable swimming I figured it is time to put up the pool. I laid out some of the side support posts with the lower wall rail so I could get an idea of size, and it looks like it is an 18'x32' pool from measuring the dimesions where the lower rail sits.
Questions- I checked the doughboy website to get a new liner and they do not list sizes, only pool sizes. I do not see the 18x32 size listed, the smallest 18' wide oval is 34' long. If I had to get a 34' long liner would it work with the 32' pool or would it be a mess?
Does anyone know where to get the intallation instructions for one of these pools? They do not list them on their website.
Thanks,
Dave

PoolDoc
06-11-2012, 07:54 AM
I think your best bet is to call them and ask. I don't have any such instructions.

rusty37
06-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks, planned on calling today, just didnt know of one of the installers on the forum knew anything. The doughboy website does not give a lot of info, and the dealer locator does not work. I could probably wing it to assemble but it would be nice to have a layout of measurements for the support posts.

PoolDoc
06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I think Doughboy is your best bet.

rusty37
06-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Found a PDF file with the layout for the doughboy oval pools, based on the info my pool is actually a 32x16. It has the layout and dimensions as well as installation instructions, if you want I can post a link to it and anyone can save it for themselves.

====================================

with the PDF file info help I will get the pool installed, just not as fast as someone who does it for a living. I will still need a liner regardless, and I am sure my next questions will be during installation, I will take pictures as it goes up. I was concerned about putting up a used pool but the doughboy pools seem to be well built and there is no corrosion on the wall sections.

PoolDoc
06-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Actually, we have few installers here. I'm too hostile to pool industry standard chemistry, and it makes it uncomfortable for most loyal pool industry members. You might try asking the question at PoolSpaForum; there are more installers there, and Waterbear is a moderator there.

But, there are a LOT more spammers and sales pitches there, so turn your sales resistance on, before you listen to responses.

PoolDoc
06-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Please do post the link. I'll archive it in the index of pool literature I'm building.

rusty37
06-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Here is the link for the doughboy oval pools

http://www.doughboy-pools.com/ServiceSupport/Images/documentsearch/AG98DBSIGOL.pdf

Here is the link for round pools

http://www.doughboy-pools.com/ServiceSupport/Images/documentsearch/AG98DBrnd.pdf

Good info to keep on file.

Watermom
06-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks, Rusty. Appreciate you sharing those links with us!

rusty37
06-11-2012, 02:23 PM
No problem, glad I could find them, maybe it will save someone some time in the future. Doughboy also has videos on youtube showing the pool installations, but none of the measurements are given. With the PDF file and the video it should be straight forward.
Went today to get the paperwork for a permit, I think that end of it is more work than the pool install!

Watermom
06-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Went today to get the paperwork for a permit, I think that end of it is more work than the pool install!
After you do the leveling to get the ground ready for installation, we'll see if you still agree with that statement! :rolleyes: Leveling is HARD!

rusty37
06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Really? They make it look so easy in the videos :D I should make a REAL video.