PDA

View Full Version : Spill Over Spa Cover

aswetich
05-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Does anyone make a spillover spa cover ? I normally drain my spa when not in use and close my electric cover but the spa fills with leaves and stuff. (Every time I want to use the spa it's a cleaning event) If nobody makes one can I use a alumunum boat cover pole in the center and have a custom top made with snaps on the sides ?

waterbear
05-23-2006, 02:21 AM
I use a floating solar blanket on my spillover spa that I cut to fit and left a flap over the spillway. It works great at keeping in the heat and keeping stuff out (if you remove it carefully)! I don't drain my spa because it get used all the time! The blanket is much easier to put on and remove than a hard spa cover. Might be an option if you care to leave your spa filled.

aswetich
05-23-2006, 07:49 AM
Do you have a cover on your pool ? Any issue with it blowing off ?

waterbear
05-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Cover on the pool is also a floating solar blanket. Since my pool is an odd shape I do not have a reel and have to put it on and take it off manually (which is actually pretty easy to do). I did have a bit of a problem with it blowing off at first until I made sure it was trimmed to be slightly smaller than the pool and was completely floating. Now the surface tension of the water seems to hold it in place nicely. Actually, I have not used the cover on the pool since the weather got warm and just keep the one on the spa to help keep the heat in. The downside is that there is always pollen and stuff floating on the pool now that I have to skim out:(. With no cover on the pool and the cover on the spa I can even turn the spillover on with no problems...the spa cover just floats up a bit higher and the spillover works perfectly.