PDA

View Full Version : Thank each of you so much

WaterBucket
06-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi Folks,

Just want to say thank-you all so much. I found this site about 3 weeks ago, and have read just about every post. I put up a Summer Escape 15'x42" round 4000 gals. a month ago and thanks to you guys so far the water is doing great..

The problem that I was having at first was try to chase the numbers, once I saw the post about that, I stopped and my chemicals are doing fine now. I do keep my chlorine a little high, but this is by chose..

When I saw the BBB method I knew that this was the way to go..

When my wife came home with the pool and around $200.00 dollars in chemicals I just about freaked..I do use the Wal-Mart 6 test drip tester.

By the way this is the first pool that I have owned and again want to thank you all so much..I wish that I was able to shake each of your hands.

Waterbucket

PoolDoc
06-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the 'attaboy'; glad it's working out for you!

(Seriously, though: there are 88,000+ posts here. Even Watermom hasn't read ALL of them!) ;)

aylad
06-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Thank you for your post-- we love success stories!!

WaterBucket
06-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi Janet,

Do you also live in Louisiana?..My wife and I do also..

aylad
06-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Yup, I'm just outside of Shreveport....

Janet

WaterBucket
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi aylad,

Wife and I live in Weston, LA..but grew up in Maine..

aylad
06-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Ah, that's about a 2.5 hour drive from me. Coming from Maine-what a huge culture (and climate! ) shock!! :)

Janet

WaterBucket
06-20-2012, 02:59 PM
You'r so right, but we love it here. Speaking of shock!!! Do I need to shock the pool if my numbers are all ok?

aylad
06-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Nope, no need to shock the pool unless you start losing chlorine overnight, the water starts to look dull/hazy, your CC gets over 1 ppm, you find a dead animal or a swimmer with a poop accident, or you start to see signs of algae.......I also shock mine after hurricane-induced storms and after several days of heavy swimmer load, just in case.... ;)

Glad you like it down here--I do, too. Born and raised here--spent some time living on the east coast (job transfer) but quickly decided that I hated it and came "home". Have no plans to leave again!