PDA

View Full Version : Pool Patch

RENOPOOL
05-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Hello,
Has anyone used a product called Atlas Two Part Pool Putty?
I was swimming in my new pool for the first time this past weekend and noticed about a two inch wide spot where the Diamond Brite did not meet the bottom of the tile all the way (there is some Diamond Brite just not flush like the rest of the pool). The good news is don't have any leaks. I went to my pool supply store and they sold me this product. I asked them if I should have my pool builder fix it and they told me they would just patch it with a product like this. I figured without the hassle to call them out I would fix it my self since it was so small. This only thing is the putty is white in color and my Diamond Brite is Blue. But I guess since it such a small area I will not really notice it. Is this a good product and would you do this repair your self?
Thanks for any info on this.

aylad
05-22-2006, 09:13 AM
I know absolutely nothing about that product, but personally, I would have the pool builder come out and finish the job!

janet

mspool
05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
I second that. I am was contractor in a different industry and my clients never hesitated to call me for minor issues that arose a few weeks after the installation. and I would expect them to, its part of the contract and par for the course. its just part of getting the job done.

GutierrezPlastering
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
You should have your contractor come back to fix it, all he has to do is mix a cup of Diamond brite and apply it on with a small plastic that is used to detail, and that will solve the problem. Don't use the putty thing because it won't match and wouldn't look good