PDA

View Full Version : White foamy residue on pools surface...

Beanns
06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Hello!!
I have a white bubbly residue on my pools surface and so i took the water to get tested. Hopefully I can provide enough info so that the experts can help me with this problem.

FAC: 0
pH: 7.4
TA: 30
TDS: 300

The pool store associate told my father to add 21 lbs of Alkalinty UP (Leslie's Pool Supplies) and then 4 lbs of Shock.
Pool store associate did not state levels of CYA (my father took the sample and doesn't know any better).

I apologize if I missed anything. Any input of how I can stabilize my pool would be very appreciated.

Thanks!!!

AnnaK
06-05-2012, 08:20 PM
May we please ask you to fill in the PF Pool Chart questionnaire? The link is the last item in my signature. That will give us information about your pool and equipment and we'll need it when we try to help solve your bubbly issues.

What all have you put in the pool this season?

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc
06-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi Binoy;

Read the test kit page in my signature; get an OTO/phenol red kit and report pH and chlorine results tomorrow. And ADD SOME CHLORINE before your pool turns green. Tomorrow evening, add at least 2 gallons of PLAIN 6% bleach per 10,000 gallons in your pool.

And when you say "foamy", we ask, "what have you added?". Like Anna requested, please give us a list of everything added in the last 6 weeks.