PDA

View Full Version : Kell's Intro

Kelly
06-05-2012, 10:46 AM
My name is Kell, I'm a 51 year old single father of 2 of the worlds greatest kids and have unfortunately, purchased an Intex pool...LOL...had the same issue last year when shocking the pool it turned into Lake Erie in the late 60's and had all kinds of fun cleaning it up...unfortunately, again, I don't quite remember all of what I did last year so I'm starting over!
I already know I have well water and a whole lot of iron, shocking the pool causes that iron to turn my water into a watered down chocolate pudding looking thing, so, I'm using the pillow batting method at the pools outake and am changing the filters often!
I love my kids and want them to enjoy their pool, all of this brown, yucky water is depressing but if I could do it last year, I'll do it again, this!
I am a former army airborne ranger (77 thru 91)...I 'think' I can beat a pool full of water! LOL

You folks have a great summer and I'll be back to check out the articles and seek advise

Kell

PoolDoc
06-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I am a former army airborne ranger (77 thru 91)...I 'think' I can beat a pool full of water!

We've attended Camp Merrill's open house many times, and think highly of the rangers. But, I'm not sure shooting your pool, even with an M-240, will help much. ;) However, if you've had to TREAT water that came from wells in that area, you may have a leg up -- most of those wells are heavily contaminated with iron.

This thread covers some of the options:http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?16337

If you are already filling and filtering, getting some polyquat, and ordering a pair of the correct sized Unicel replacement cartridges could make it quite a bit easier.