PDA

View Full Version : Pool pump not filling all the way to the top

cynjam
06-04-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm a newbie who has a question. I have had an intex pool and pump for a few years now and this is the first time I have had this problem. The pump only fills half way when running so the filter is only filtering on half. I have let the air out of the valve at the top and still doesn't fill. It's sucking the water in and it's coming out just fine. This pump is new because my old one was doing the same I now know it was not a faulty pump. I had it working right a little while ago, have no idea what I did but now it's back to only filly half way. Hoses are new also and everything is hooked up right. I hope someone can help cause this is making me crazy.

Thanks
Cyn

BigDave
06-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Try letting the air out with the pump off. If that doesn't work, which model pump/filter do you have?

PoolDoc
06-05-2012, 08:28 AM
This pump is new because my old one was doing the same I now know it was not a faulty pump.

You probably have a small leak in the piping or connections between the pool, and the pump -- on the SUCTION side. If you email photos of your setup to poolforum@gmail.com, I'll try to take a look, and post the photos.