PDA

View Full Version : New AG pool

byrdsnest
06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi-
We are new to pools and would like to get the best info we can. We just have a temporary pool but want to do all we can to make the best of it. The chemical part of this has been challenging for me so I hope to read more and learn.
Monica

Watermom
06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi, Monica, and welcome to the Pool Forum! You have definitely come to the right place to learn how to take care of a pool. Do a lot of reading here on the forum, especially the stickied threads at the top of the different sub forums. Also, read on our sister site, www.poolsolutions.com. Lots of good info there as well.

Come back with specific questions or problems you need help with and somebody here will try and advise you.

CarlD
06-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome, Monica!
I started the same way with a 15' round inflatable Intex--and ended up a moderator here!
I have said this many times: If you are sitting in a floating lounge chair with your favorite drink, basking in the sun, listening to a ball game or your fav tunes, it doesn't matter if you are in a 15' round temp, or a 40'x16' lapping pool...the water is just as wet, cool and splendid. I know this because that's what I now have and it was easy because of what I learned here.

We have noticed that AG owners are usually much more committed to using their pools than IG owners, because an unused AG pool is soon gone.