PDA

View Full Version : Worm found in skimmer, where did it come from?

mjones
05-21-2006, 01:20 PM
I found a worm in my skimmer sock today. Where did it come from & why was it still alive in all that cl?
I think is was a "whipworm" according to pics on net. We have dogs, but they don't get in pool. WE were swimming yesterday, 5 kids & myself. Did it come from US???? GROSS!!

Do I need to do? If anything.....

Thanks!

aylad
05-21-2006, 06:05 PM
There are assorted critters that you can find in your skimmer that come from a multitude of places--some will crawl to the water supply, some can come off of pets, birds and other creatures that drink out of the pool at night, etc. You don't need to do any thing special--dump your skimmer basket, make sure your chlorine is adequate, and go swimming!

A whipworm is probably not the grossest thing you'll ever find in the skimmer throughout your years of pool ownership..........

Janet

prh129
05-22-2006, 02:33 PM
My first guess would be it fell out of a bird's beak flying overhead.

Poconos
05-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Hey Jan,
Tell them about other things you find in the pool.
Al

scarywoody
05-22-2006, 08:04 PM
one worm isn't bad. My first year owning my pool I didn't put any kind of cover on it during the winter. SO no cover, no chems, no running pump for about 6 months. It rains a lot and i notice a lot of worms around the pool deck during the winter. When the summer came and I was cleaning the pool i probably pulled out 100's of dead worms off the bottom of the pool. The smell and the slime were horrible...i debated if i'd ever swim in the pool again. After a few weeks it was sparkling blue and clean, but every time i get in i think of the dead worm smell.

aylad
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, well, I woke up one morning to find a dead human in my pool (successful suicide)...so I know about the "ick" factor!

Janet

KurtV
05-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah, well, I woke up one morning to find a dead human in my pool ...
Janet

Oy; that's a thread-ender.

KirstenHW
06-02-2006, 05:01 PM
WOW. Was it a neighbor??

aylad
06-02-2006, 06:49 PM
30-ish son of my next door neighbor, had moved in with them the week before. Quite a gruesome deal, involved handcuffs, weights, ropes, etc. I was just really glad they found the note he left!

Janet

slthom
06-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Holy crap! You were serious!

aylad
06-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, I was very serious...

Janet

MaryLee
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
30-ish son of my next door neighbor, had moved in with them the week before. Quite a gruesome deal, involved handcuffs, weights, ropes, etc. I was just really glad they found the note he left!

Janet
Wow :eek:

So sad.....:(

bkny1055
08-28-2006, 01:46 PM

Janet

Ha OMG the part " I was just really glad they found the note he left! " :eek: