PDA

View Full Version : New Pool with a leak.

Guido
03-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi All,
I filled my new 32X14 IGP last fall and the pool started straight leaking around one inch a day. The builder ignored me more or less for weeks by saying it is related to the plumbing and a small leak at the heater. That was very strange as the pump was not running for the first week and there was no drop of water around the heater. The builder came out last week to check the leak. He found a hair crack in the plaster and fixed it with epoxy which looks bad as it is going from the tile line 19 inches down the side wall. All together I lost 18.5 inches arround 6000 GAL of water to the point were it stops. I also think that the leak is behind the light but the builder does not want to look behind it. We have a high beam so you can’t reach the light’s from the decking and he says the water level is a bit below the center line of the light so therefore it can’s be the light.

My question is now:
Can it be my Light? The water is to cold to walk to long in it so I can’t check it.

And as I have the epoxy now over the plaster which looks very bad do I have and way of getting the builder to fix this cosmetically or do I need to replaster the pool to fix this kind of things?
If there is no way of making this look good without new plaster does a builder has to pay for it?

I just would like to hear your guy’s opinions as I have no idea what to do.

Guido

PhlyCEO
03-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I'd have them drain and fix that.

Guido
03-29-2006, 02:51 PM
I’m sure they will be very happy to do that looks like that I need an attorney to get things moving with them.

CarlD
03-29-2006, 04:00 PM
The builder screwed up, knows it, but is too chicken**** to admit it. Some contractors are just like that. But this is serious and you need it fixed. I hate to say it, but talking to a lawyer may be what you need to do.

Yeah, it may tick the builder off. So????? You ALREADY have a messed up pool, you already have a pool with an ineffective ugly fix that HE should repair. Some guys just don't get it.--And be sure to let Better Business know.

Guido
04-03-2006, 09:52 AM
The builder was 100% sure the crack was causing the leak and I had the pool filled again. 1 day later we were down 1 inch again. So I ask the service dealer to check the pool and the first thing he did was pressure testing the 4 returns which are sitting in the side wall. And what a surprise they don’t hold the pressure. I called the builder today to inform him on what we found let see what he has to say about this. If they have to jack hammer the deck out to fix it then I will get crazy. I will keep you guys posted