PDA

View Full Version : Intex Delux Skimmer pulls away from the pool wall

johnfluharty
05-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I have an Intex 24' x 52" pool with an Intex Delux Surface Skimmer. I have replaced the original cartridge pump with an Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump. My system will run for a while fine then at some point the skimmer will pull away from the wall of the pool and up out of the water, bending the depth arm and/or mounting arm. Nothing has broken as yet. I am done some searching and can find nothing on fixing this. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas for a solution? I have thought about cutting small slits in the liner in order to bracket the thing to a support pole but I am really reluctant to do that. Is the mounting bracket just wore out?

Watermom
05-29-2012, 10:48 PM
No, don't cut the liner. I can't offer you a solution to this problem, but hopefully somebody will have some ideas for you.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

BigDave
05-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Which kind of Intex pool do you have? Easy Set (donut) or Frame Set or Ultra Frame?

johnfluharty
05-30-2012, 10:53 AM
It's an Ultra Frame that I bought at Walmart about 4 years ago in August.

Intex Above-Ground Swimming Pool, Ultra Metal-Frame, 24' x 52" (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-24-x-12-x-52-Ultra-Metal-Frame-Above-Ground-Pool-with-Sand-Filter/15522799)

BigDave
06-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Make sure the outside part that connects to the hose is deep enough in the water. If it's not deep enough, or if the floating part gets stuck, the pump can empty it and it will float right up. Also check that the hose isn't pushing it. I had a skimmer like that on my intex donut and was constantly fiddling with it to keep it from slipping off the donut.

johnfluharty
06-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I've managed to get it to stay in place with three large spring clamps. It looks stupid but so far it is working. I also added another inch or so of water to the pool, which I think is helping. My pool is self-installed and as a result is not level, and unfortunately the pump and stuff is on the end with less water.